In todays lesson we went over the topic of sound and it's importance within a thriller film. Sound is used in many ways throughout films both in the form of music and raw sound. music is used as a means to build and influence emotion. an example of this is the miner key music used in both horror or thriller films which sets the audience off edge. After being given the web address to a sight called /designingsound.org/ I immediately searched the sight for any information i could use for gather sound in my own thriller film. This was so i could find a way to give the original thoughts and feelings of the characters to the audience; giving a sense of realism to the characters i devised.
After reading through various articles i came to one exploring the sound in prometheus . this article gives a real sight into the sounds used they talk about the thoughts an feelings behind the characters, a quote i pulled from the article says“Whenever I start a mix on a new film, I first think of sound in terms of mood, story and character,"
Hemphill says. “What are the characters feeling and experiencing, and how can I translate
that with sound for the audience?'
These are tips i an hoping to used as a guide line in the production. Although i have only just begun to analyze sound I'm hoping to create a score that fits in with my opening. Another piece of information I have pulled from this interview was the used of silence. The article talks about how silence is just as necessary in the aspect of building tension, I hoping make use of this in our thriller's table scene. this is because i believe too much sound will drown the scene therefore i will limit it to just talking and background noise from the cafe to cut the tension.
In the article there was also a lot of talk about effects and tools used for recording and editing however as i have little experiance in this area i had to read over most of it. Maybe a task for me in the future if I have the time will be to analyze some ways of producing this sound. However for now i will be more likely to look into plotting and the sounds we could use and trying to lend a hand with the creation of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment