Thriller is a genre of fiction in which tough, resourceful, but essentially ordinary heroes are pitted against villains determined to destroy them, their country, or the stability of the free world.
Part of the allure of thrillers comes from not only what their stories are about, but also how they are told. High stakes, non-stop action, plot twists that both surprise and excite, settings that are both vibrant and exotic, and an intense pace that never lets up until the adrenalin packed climax.

Friday, 12 October 2012

Thriller plan.



6 comments:

  1. The idea of a cliff hanger is great! I also like the location being a rural area. Unicorn place could be a good name if it is used as a red herring. The plot twist will clearly confuse the viewer making for an interesting opening. There is obviously a great choice of camera shots and angles which will complement the narrative well

    ReplyDelete
  2. wassup playaz,
    Your presentation was nice and detailed and I didn't get too bored :)..
    I think it's really great how you've set out all your stuff by the second, and that will really help when it comes to actually making the film
    I don't quite understand the 'twist' of the plot twist, although that might just be me. I get that you discover who the killer is, but unless there are some kind of red herrings along the way, I don't see how that would make me go aaahhhh!
    The detail of your shot list embarrasses me because we haven't even started one yet.. and yours is already down to every last detail.
    My last bad bit would have to be that you're using youths. I think it's so overused in these short films and that your film idea is really good and would work as well with older people... or maybe i've totally missed the point..
    Even so, I think that it will be interesting if you can prove me wrong and snatch that Thurstie right out of my hands ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea, think it's really clever and seems well complex! I'm kinda hating you for the amount of detail you have thought about because I have not even considered a script or anything like that for our opening! Looks like you really know exactly what you're doing, which will help for when you come to actually filming it. My only bad comment is that it seems really long... might just be me so ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you have alot of dialogue you will need to make sure that you have good actors!!!! You will also need to script all the dailogue for them. Test the dialogue out on people in the class to make sure that it does not sound too cheesy. If you plan to record dialogue in the cafe you will need to have the camera quite close to the actors and be very aware of background noise. I would test it as you might find that there is too much background noise. If you are doing a voice over the best way of recording that is in a car with a good camera (maybe a school one). Car have been designed to cut noise so you will get a very clear recording. You talked about some interesting lighting ideas but you will need to test them as poor light reduces image quality. If you are using your own camera does it have a 'low lux' setting or allow you to play with the exposure. If not maybe use a school camera.
    I think it is a good idea and you presented it well to the rest of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading through your presentation I can see you have got a really nice idea, guys. The only problem I can see that you're going to have while filming is the dialogue between characters- good luck with that. Very detailed... unlike ours haha. Hopefully that'll be helpful and your opening will come out exactly as you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... it's crazy how much detail you went into; you've even included how many seconds it's going to take!!!

    The dialogue is just brilliant (I must know what happens next!). The only flaw I can see with it, is that you are going to need really skilled actors otherwise it might not be as effective.

    Don't change the name of the run-down estate, Unicorn Place is funny and would completely contrast against the events which occur there.

    Overall, your narrative is very good and I hope the opening works out well.

    ReplyDelete